Friday, December 11, 2009

My Top 25 Songs of 2009

These are the tracks that stood out to me the most in 2009. I cut this down from a list of over 100 songs. Many were from the same artist so to keep things simple I selected my favorite song from those artists. I am still working on my list of top albums of 2009 (as well as my top for the decade), so stay tuned.

01. “Unthought Known” - Pearl Jam
02. “Sleepyhead” - Passion Pit
03. “Wicked Blood” - Sea Wolf
04. “Just Impolite” - Plushgun
05. “Trouble Weighs a Ton” - Dan Auerbach
06. “Magpie To The Morning” - Neko Case
07. “I Will Possess Your Heart” - Death Cab For Cutie
08. “Moment Of Surrender” - U2
09. “I Hung My Harp Upon The Willows” - Trashcan Sinatras
10. “Simon Says” - Laleh
11. “Amblind Alp” - Yeasayer
12. FIYA” - Tune-Yards
13. “Death” - White Lies
14. “Secrets and Lies” - Emmon
15. “Just The Past” - Peter Bjorn & John
16. “Game Over” - VV Brown
17. Miss It So Much” - Röyksopp
18. “Don't Upset The Rhythm” - Noisettes
19. “We” - Felix Da Housecat
20. “The Golden Age” - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
21. “Infinity” - The xx
22. “Tonight” - Yuksek
23. “The Tenure Itch” - The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
24. “Ghetto Love” - Spinnerette
25. “I Got You Dancing” - Lady Sovereign

Honorable Mention:
“Repose In Blue” - Eluvium [Life Through Bombardment Release]
“We Do What We Want To” - O+S
“Give Blood” - Rain Machine

The People Tree (feat. David Byrne, Chali 2na, Gift Of Gab & Z-Trip)” - N.A.S.A.

“I Know What I Am” - Band Of Skulls

1 comment:

Heather Lytle said...

Lin, where do you find this music? I've never even heard of any of those groups (except U2 of course). I'm a Jack Johnson and Coldplay kinda girl